There is a saying that, “Long walks are just better with a dog by your side.”
Do you agree with this quote? We know you do! But sometimes, it feels like your dog is taking you out for a walk instead and trying to use his energy to go in a different direction. That might end up pulling you down on the street.
Does walking your dog on the streets feel like a chore and less fun and enjoyable?
Are you sick of your dog wriggling out of the leash every time?
We know that a puppy pulling on a leash can be a real drag. But fret not mate, help is here!
Gentle Leader Easy Walker
- It will surely stop your dog’s pulling behavior. A harness is the best choice for taking your furbaby on a walkathon. It is truly a lifesaver for those whose pets are energetic on the streets.
- Buying a harness for a stress-free walk is an easy thing, but trust us, putting it on your puppy is not as easy as it seems.
- You need to do some math to adjust it and clip it around their body.
- If you don’t tie it the right way, your pup won’t feel comfortable while walking, sleeping, and running.
- We have seen quite a number of times an owner walking his dog on a harness that is tied incorrectly.
- Many people don’t know how to attach the harness correctly.
Well, in this piece, we will tell you how to tie it the right way without hurting your pet, issues of tying a harness in the wrong way, talk about some of the best harnesses, and much more. We will be helping you out to complete the task and excel in the skill.
And we are sure by the end of this article, you will be able to give a pleasant experience to your dog with easy walk harnessing in a friendly environment. Before we jump straight into the topic, let’s understand the importance and why you need a harness for your dog.
Easy Walking Harness for Dogs: Why Do You Need It?
A perfect harness is quite beneficial for both, the pet owner and the pet because, their pet won’t get too excited and take off by seeing a flying bird, another pet, or a toss of a ball. Many new pet owners prefer dog collars and don’t know the advantages of a harness. If your pet is too small, has a weak spine or neck, or is old, then we will suggest you get a harness.
And one more thing!
If your four-legged mate’s head and neck are similar in size, then he will free himself from the collar within seconds.
Important to Place the Dog Easy Walk Harness Correctly On Your Pet:
The benefits of putting on the harness on your dog while walking are mentioned below:
- A harness is a great tool for puppies who are learning to walk on a lead.
- It is useful for smaller dogs who are prone to get hurt due to constant tugging and pulling.
- It discourages pulling.
- When your pet is sitting or lying down and wants to stand up, then a harness will gently pull him without causing any discomfort or pain.
- A harness is a great tool for those pets who are great escape artists, who can wriggle out of their collar in a blink of an eye.
- The easy walker harness won’t allow your dog to pull on the leash and whenever he will try to do it, the harness will redirect his attention straight back to you.
- You will have better control of your pet outside your home.
- A right harness will help your dog from severe injuries like the trachea which is caused by continuously pulling on the leash.
List of problems an owner faces when attaching the harness in a wrong way
Many dog parents mostly ask, “Are front clip harnesses bad for dogs?”
And our answer is no, it is not! Though there are minor problems with the front hook dog harness, it is not bad for your furry mates.
We have listed some issues of the tying front-clip dog harnesses in the wrong way below, so do check it out.
- If you don’t fit and adjust a harness properly, then it can cause discomfort and interfere with your pet’s walking movements.
- If you keep incorrectly tying them, then it might lead to chronic pain or your baby pet might suffer from severe injuries too.
So these were the most common reasons found with a front-hook dog harness.
However, this can only happen when you buy a low-quality harness.
Thankfully, many big companies have worked and addressed the issues about the physical effects of the harness on your dog’s shoulder. Today, various new products are available in the market which take care of pet’s comfort and safety. The newly built front clip harness is very effective, gives better control, and prevents your puppy from getting hurt by tangling up in the leash while walking.
Are you thinking to yourself, “How is an easy walk harness correctly attached?”
Are you also tired of your puppy pulling down the streets?
We know that you don’t want your puppy to feel uncomfortable while putting the harness around their head which puts pressure on their throat directly. The Easy Walk harness is made for your pet to walk easily, but attaching it is a daunting task. Once you master it, then it will take only a few moments to tie it around your dog.
In this section, we have listed some easy steps to how to use an easy walk harness for new pet owners out there. Headcollar or an incorrectly fit harness might work a little, but your dog won’t feel comfortable. If you believe it is working then, just think how perfect it could be if you tie the harness correctly.
Check it out here!
Easy walk harness instructions
- Adjust the Shoulder Strap
You want to fit the Easy Walk Harness on your pet properly, right?
So to do that, you have to fit and adjust the straps separately.
Begin with the shoulder strap, then you can work on the belly strap to provide a secure base.
- Gently, put the shoulder strap over your pet’s head.
- Then, adjust it until the connector rings rest behind and above your pet’s shoulder.
- Close the strap and adjust the belly strap.
- Make sure the harness is properly wrapped around your pet’s girth.
- Once you connect the belly and shoulder straps, check if it resembles a vertical line and isn’t adjusted near the armpit area.
- Re-adjust the harness straps and have a snug fit.
- Fit the Chest Strap
Now, it is time for you to fit the chest strap. Make sure it fits horizontally, too close to your pet’s neck, or drops down easily. And then marginate loops remain in the center by changing both adjusters on the strap.
Thinking, “How will I know whether the harness fits properly?”
Well, you will be able to look at the side of your pupper and the harness will resemble a sideways. That’s how you will comprehend that you have done the right job!
Now, comes the final part!
Clip the leash and head out with your four-legged buddy for a walk.
If you have finally tied the harness, then we would like to congratulate you.
The time you have given to this is worth spending and it will make your dog’s next walkathon more fun.
And guess what?
You won’t have to spend time training your dog and it will stop the constant tug-of-war between you and your strong dog too!
Before you get a Gentle Leader and Easy Walk Harness, let’s find out in the next sub-topic whether this product is suitable for your dog.
Use the Gentle Leader and Easy Walk Harness in these lists of dogs!
We are sure you might agree with us when we say that knowing which type of dogs will the easy walk and gentle leader work best for is no tough task you cannot work on.
Read on to find out what we are trying to tell you.
We all adore your furry friends dearly, but sometimes, they need extra care because they can become hard to control and more energetic while walking.
Did you have a Deja vu?
It is because it has already happened to you on one of your walkathons.
In the chart below, we have listed the top ten energetic dog breeds that are best to use Easy Walk and Gentle Leader Harness:
|Sr. No.||Dog Breed Name||Active Time On A Daily Basis|
|1.||Belgian Malinois||Active an average of 102.86 minutes per day|
|2.||German Shorthaired||Pointer Active an average of 100.78 minutes per day|
|3.||Brittany Spaniel||Active an average of 94.13 minutes per day|
|4.||Miniature Australian Shepherd||Active an average of 91.54 minutes per day|
|5.||Weimaraner||Active an average of 90.32 minutes per day|
|6.||Vizsla||Active an average of 88.8 minutes per day|
|7.||English Setter||Active an average of 88.2 minutes per day|
|8.||Alaskan Klee Kai||Active an average of 85.72 minutes per day|
|9.||Doberman Pinscher||Active an average of 84.9 minutes per day|
|10.||Yorkshire Terrier||Active an average of 80.23 minutes per day|
Harness for leash training
Many dog owners frequently think, “Is a harness better for leash training?”
Well, a harness will prevent your bundle of joy from getting hurt or tangled.
Moreover, it is easier on the pet parent’s arms and can control their large or strong pets in crowds and busy streets.
Of course, your dog is a well-behaved pet on the leash, but what will you do when he keeps jumping, pulling, and trying to wriggle out of his collar?
That is where a harness comes to your rescue.
Once you switch a dog collar with a harness, you will notice the difference.
So now you know your answer.
Now that you have decided to get one harness for your furry mate, you might think which one will suit him?
Thankfully, you have a lot of options to choose from various dog harness brands. A harness comes in various colors, shapes, designs, materials, and features.
In the next section, you will find various types of harness which will help you to pick the right one.
Our favorite 15 picks of dog harness for walking
Find out the “list walking harness for dogs” below:
- Rabbitgoo No-Pull Pet Harness
- PetSafe Easy Walk Dog Harness
- Kurgo Dog Walking Harness
- LupinePet Step-in Harness
- LupinePet Roman Harness
- Kurgo Journey Multi-Use Dog Harness
- Puppia Soft Dog Harness
- Voyager Step-In Air Dog Harness
- Ruffwear Front Range Harness
- Eagloo No-Pull Dog Harness
- Sporn No Pull Dog Harness
- Copatchy No Pull Reflective Adjustable Dog Harness
- Chai’s Choice Outdoor Adventure Dog Harness
- EcoBark Control Dog Harness
- Didog Soft Flannel Padded Dog Vest Harness
So these were some of the best dog harness for walking with your four-legged buddy. We hope you find the right one you are looking for your puppy.
Now, pull up your sock, and attach a leash to your gentle beast’s harness and go on a walkathon. We know that you love your dog and that is why we want you to get a harness for them to make their walk more easy and enjoyable. This too will definitely help you to keep your pet safe and sound. Just keep in mind to follow our easy steps to attach the harness correctly.
The world is modernizing and you should modernize too by getting the Gentle Leader and Easy Walk Harness for your furbaby. So get out of your house, go to your nearest pet store and treat your pet with this awesome tool now!
Share this dog harness article with your friends who have pets too because happiness comes from sharing stuff with others.
Stay safe and tuned for more updates.