Pet animals are one of the cutest creatures in the world. Don’t you guys think that they are human’s most loyal best friend?
At the same time, it is very difficult to take care of a pet animal properly. If you do not pay attention to your pet’s health then it may lead to several problems. Therefore, take care of your pet in every aspect.
If you are a new parent of a pet then you may face several problems like itching and inflammation. If you do not cure these diseases at first then it may cause allergy and further infection.
Now you must be thinking how to cure this disease? Aren’t you?
If yes, then in this small piece you are going to find out the solution. We are going to talk about a magical cream that can cure the maximum disease of your pet animal.
A Cure To All The Dog’s Disease: A Hydrocortisone Cream
We know there must be many questions in your mind and so keep reading as we have all the details you should know about!
WHAT IS HYDROCORTISONE USED FOR?
Hydrocortisone is a cream that is used to cure the itching, inflamed, and irritated skin of animals. It cures several other problems like flea bites, allergies, eczema, etc. It is a soothing anti-itch cream for dogs.
The cream does not contain any fragrance and harmful chemicals which may lead to further health problems. It is a non-stinging cream.
Components Used In Hydrocortisone Cream
Of course, you can’t use any cream on your pet animal without knowing it’s components. Hence, here we have collected all the information for you:
Mainly it contains two types of components:
Two heads are always better than one
· Active : They are biological active components and are hence known as active ingredients. The cream contains 1% Hydrocortisone acetate as active ingredients.
· Inactive ingredients- These ingredients are biological inactive elements. There are lots of inactive component in this cream like Purified water, propylparaben, propylene glycol, stearyl alcohol, mineral oil, dimethicone, potassium stearate, and bisabolol are some examples.
Is your head spinning after reading these?
Let’s get more clarity!
On which animals you can use the Hydrocortisone cream?
This cream is mainly used for dogs because dogs commonly face problems that this cream can cure. But you can only use this cream on three pet animals. These animals are:
All the parents who do not owe these animals, don’t be sad. There must be some other creams for your animals.
How to Use This Cream?
I bet you definitely want to know the method to use this cream on your pet’s. Aren’t you?
Don’t worry the method is given below:
Easiest Method To Use The Cream
- Wash your hand and take the little amount of cream on your finger tip.
- Apply little amount of cream on the effected skin only. Do not waste the cream by applying it other places rather than effected areas.
- Used it minimum four times a day. You can also use it as many times as your doctor told you.
- Remember the cream is only for skin or you can say only for effected skin.
Since the cream is very skin-friendly hence you can use it without the prescription of a doctor. But if the skin is not healing even after applying the cream then immediately go to a doctor.
Never risk the health of your pet animal.
More Safety Measures
As rightly said, precautions Are Always Better Than Cure!
- Apply Hydrocortisone cream only on the affected area and not on another part of the skin. It may cause several other skin issues to your pet animal.
- Do not apply too much cream at the same time. Only the right amount of cream can cure the disease. It will be a waste of product if you apply too much.
- Avoid contact with medicine to the eyes. It can irritate the eyes of your dog.
- Do not let your dog go near the fire after applying the cream. Dry Hydrocortisone can catch fire easily.
- Do not let your pet swallow the cream. It is not edible.
- Always dry your hand after washing them properly before applying them to your pet.
- Do not cover the affected skin with bandages until and unless your doctor told you to do so.
- It should be used within two weeks of skin disease.
Read More: Can Dogs Eat Lentils? What You Need to Know!
Fun fact about Hydrocortisone and Hydrocortisone cream 0.5
Many people face the confusion between hydrocortisone cream and Hydrocortisone 0.5.
Let me clear your confusion, there is no difference between both of these creams. Hydrocortisone cream is also known as Hydrocortisone 0.5 cream. Compositions are same for both the creams.
Moving forward, let know he perfect timing of using this cream.
When to use Hydrocortisone cream on your pet?
It is very important to tell you guys the right time to use this cream.
You can use this cream when you feel that your pet is feeling irritated because of skin issues. Find the affected area and use it.
Sometimes the hair of the affected area falls off. In that case, it would be easy for you to find the affected area and apply the cream.
Furthermore, applying Hydrocortisone cream while dog is pregnant can be risky. It contains several chemicals that should not apply to a pregnant mother.
So, always consult your vet in such cases.
Unknown Facts About Hydrocortisone
There are so many unknown facts about this medicine which many people don’t know. If you want to know these facts check the given content:
- This medicine is even available in spray and lotion form.
- If the skin of your animal is very much affected then buy a spray. In this case, you don’t even have to use your fingers.
- You can also go for lotions. The composition of every aspect is almost the same.
- There are two types of ingredients used in hydrocortisone medicine.
- It can be used without the prescription of a doctor only in case of minor skin problems.
- In case the cream falls on your clothes and dry out then immediately change that price of cloth. Because dry Hydrocortisone can catch fire easily on the clothes.
- Once you apply this cream to your pet then, stay them away from the naked flames.
Hydrocortisone Cream Side Effects
The medicine is completely harmless to any pet animal. But every pet animal is not the same and hence it can cause several side effects. Some of the common side effects are given below:
- skin thinking,
- hair bumps,
- unusual hair growth,
- hair fall, discoloration, and stretch marks.
If you see any of these symptoms in your pet’s skin then immediately run to your veterinarian. Tell him/her everything in detail and ask for the cure.
Price and Availability of The Cream
Planning to buy this cream for your dog and wondering if it can be in budget or not?
Don’t worry the cream is not very costly.
15gm of cream costs only $10.19 and 25gm of cream costs $10.78.
Also, this cream is available in any medical store near you. You don’t have to go to doctor’s always to buy the cream.
You can easily get it from any medical shop. You can also buy it online from amazon.
Frequently asked questions
1.Can I use Hydrocortisone cream on my dog?
Answer- This cream is ideal for dogs. If you face any skin issue with your dog then even without the prescription of your doctor buy this cream and start applying it. If your dog is sensitive then kindly ask a doctor before using it.
2.What if my dog licked the hydrocortisone cream?
Answer- Hydrocortisone cream is highly unsafe to consume. If in case your dog licked it then pick it up and go to the animal doctor. Go as soon as possible otherwise, it may start creating more problems for your dog.
3.Can this cream be used for cats?
Answer- Yes, this cream can be used for cats as well. Not only cats but it can be used for horses as well as dogs.
4.Is it safe to use Hydrocortisone cream on a pregnant dog?
Answer- It is very unsafe to use the Hydrocortisone cream while the dog is pregnant. Some chemicals may cause harmful reactions.
Overall, this cream is very useful for pet animal’s disease. If you are facing any skin disease for your pet then definitely use this cream. The ingredients are very safe. You can also take the prescription of your doctor.